Are we friends yet? Subscribe to Seriale-Filme.
I think he has like 10 different smiles – this cheese is my favorite 🙂
Love for B they are so easy to get on cause they zip on the side – They are 40% off right now – CODE: RUSH 🙂
DETAILS: (ON SALE! 40% OFF CODE: RUSH) | (ON SALE! 40% OFF CODE: RUSH) | (UNDER A $100) | | | |
BECKAM: (ON SALE! 40% OFF CODE: RUSH) | | | |
Growing up being a mom was something I looked forward to more than anything else. I couldn’t wait for the day to have kids of my own. There are days I feel on cloud nine where everything seems like rainbows and butterflies and parenting couldn’t be easier, then there are days and weeks where I wonder if I am being a good enough mom. I had one of those rough days last week where I was completely drained. I had a couple crazy days at work, my house was a mess, I had barely slept, B was whining over everything and I just broke down. I called Cody and was like I need you to take the kids – I need a couple hours to myself.
I use to set aside time every week to have a little me time and the last couple weeks just got so chaotic I didn’t do it and honestly it affected me as a parent. I don’t claim to know it all, trust me half the time I have no idea what I’m doing, but I’ve realized when I stick to these basic habits my life as a mom runs so much smoother!
- GET ENOUGH SLEEP – Seriously I can’t stress this enough, get those zzz’s! When I don’t get a full night sleep my fuse is so short. You remember that breakdown I was telling you about, well that night I went to bed at 7:30pm and woke up at 8 am the next day. It was literally heaven! I don’t think I have slept that long in years, but I felt so good the next day! Obviously that kind of sleep can’t happen all the time – but a full 7-8 hours leaves you refreshed.
- HAVE YOU TIME – You need time to yourself! My favorite is getting massages. I also love going shopping (an obvious one 🙂 but when I go by myself I actually get to try on the clothes and I’m not racing through the aisles trying to get it done as quick as I can. And I know this sounds cheesy, but after a couple hours I always miss B and it makes me more excited to get home and play with him.
- DONT COMPARE YOURSELF – If your feeling down or stressed about your parenting, don’t go on social media and compare yourself to other moms or families that seem to have it all together. Remember social media is such a small glimpse of people’s lives! Instead look through pictures of happy moments with your own family.
- LEARN TO LAUGH – Chaos comes with kids – and the more you embrace and learn to laugh at the imperfections the more relaxed you will be.
- GET READY FOR THE DAY – Don’t get me wrong I lovvvvve sweats, but I always notice a difference in my demeanor when I get ready for the day. You don’t have to be in 5 inch heels and full on make up. Take a shower, or do your hair, something that puts a little effort into getting ready for the day.
- WAKE UP EARLY – I love waking up early! I am typically up around 6-6:30 every morning. The mornings are my time to get stuff done before the kiddos wake up and also enjoy a little quiet time.
- BE GRATEFUL – Every night (well we try to do it every night but sometimes we forget) Cody and I say what our favorite part of the day was. I think it’s so important to think about the things you are grateful for. When you focus on the positive it brings more positive things to your life.
- GET OUT OF THE HOUSE – This has really been a more a recent thing – but Beckam needs to get out of the house in the morning or else he goes stir crazy! This one might not be for everyone (all kids are different)- but I have noticed a huge difference in B when we get out early and he can go run some of his energy off.
- ENCOURAGE OTHER MOMS – Being a mom is definitely hard. Encourage other moms and friends you have that may be going through a hard week and let them know what you admire about their parenting, offer to take their kids for a couple hours, or just let them know they are doing a good job. It’s always nice to have the reassurance from your friends and family when you are having those tough days.
- LET IT GO – Whether it’s picking up the house, or finishing those emails for work, sometimes you just need to let it go. There are days everything doesn’t get done and it’s ok. (if it has to get done you can always wake up early and do it in the morning 🙂
- HAVE DATE NIGHT – I think this was one of the pieces of advice I heard over and over again before we got married, but it wasn’t until we had Beckam I really understood why. You need alone time with your spouse! Growing the bond between you guys makes you both better parents.
- LISTEN TO THEM LAUGH – Nothing in the world makes me happier then listening to the kids laugh. Make it your goal everyday to get at least one deep uncontrollable laugh out of them. There really is no greater joy!
Sending all you mama’s out there lots of love! Remember you are always doing better then you think, your kids love you! XX – Christine