DETAILS: (OBSESSED!! UNDER $100) | (UNDER $50)
There is nothing worse than having your makeup fade off during the day. With the crazy hot days of summer, traveling, and spending time in the pool and ocean, it’s hard to keep our makeup looking fresh all day long! Below are 7 easy tips to help your makeup stay on all day!
1. : A primer is a no-brainer to get the most wear out or your makeup. It creates a really smooth base for your foundation so it doesn’t come off easily throughout the day. I switch back and forth between and the . Both are great! Some days I just notice my pores a little more around my nose and want to smooth them out. The primer has such a velvety smooth finish that makes your foundation go on really smooth and last all day.
2. : I just added a face oil to my beauty routine and I love the results! Add one drop of for every 3 drops of and mix together before applying. It adds extra hydration so it blends flawlessly and looks really natural. You can also use alone as a moisturizer to get that healthy glow. Obsessed with – it smells incredible!
3. : I am obsessed with this foundation. It really does last all day and gives the best, even coverage. Honestly I don’t wear foundation nearly as much in the summer but if I do, I know I can count on to last all day! It’s my favorite! I wear shade 360 bisque regularly and, when I’m tan, add 420.
4. : Layering a setting powder over your liquid foundation or tinted moisturizer helps it set and stay in place. I’m super picky with my powders because I hate that thick makeup look, but this one blends really well and is really light and translucent. Use your fluffiest brush to swirl, tap off excess powder, and apply to your cheeks, mid-forehead, nose, and chin.
5. : For your last step, lightly apply a finishing spray to your final look. has options for every skin type – I love the ‘‘. Not only does it keep your makeup in place, it keeps it from melting away which is the worst during the summer.
6. : Is there anything worse than your mascara smudging underneath your eyes?! I’m really particular about my mascara and can’t stand when it starts to rub off under my eyes – nothing ruins a fresh face faster! I just got this waterproof one that stays put for 12 hours – a must for those long summer days or trips to the beach.
7. Go bare! ok so this is a cheating step a little, but embracing your natural skin saves you from stressing about your makeup! Use with sunscreen and embrace your beautiful skin.
What are some of your favorite hacks to make your makeup last all day? Below are more of my beauty favorites from Macy’s.
* In collaboration with and ShopStyle.