Happy Sunday from Hawaii guys! We are having such a great time in Hawaii with the family, I am going to have a really hard time leaving the beach to come back to cold Utah! Hawaii is one of my favorite destinations and such a family friendly place for traveling! 🙂 Focusing on time with family and enjoying the journey was one of my resolutions this year so I’m really focusing on disconnecting while we are here (although I’m still snapping so follow along at @hellofashblog!) Speaking of resolutions, I think we are all trying to eat a little healthier this year, so I have been digging up all kinds of healthy alternatives to my favorite treats on ! Below are five that I cant wait to try:
CARROTT, PISTACHIO, AND POMEGRANATE LOAF RECIPE
| Makes: 8 Servings |
- 7/8 cup of self-raising flour
- 7/8 cup of golden caster sugar
- 5/8 cup of butter or margarine
- 1 1/2 tablespoon baking powder
- 3 large eggs
- 6 tablespoons milk (you can use normal, semi or fully skimmed milk)
- 1/2 cup of grated carrot
- 1/3 cup of roughly chopped pistachios (plus extra to decorate)
- 1 pomegranate
- sieved icing sugar
See directions with photos .
BLUEBERRY AND COCONUT POPSICLES
| Makes: 8 Servings |
- 1½ cups coconut milk
- 2 tbsp maple syrup or agave nectar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- Mix the coconut milk, maple syrup and vanilla in a blender until smooth.
- Add the blueberries and pulse until they’ve’ been “smashed” but not completely blended.
- Pour the mixture into popsicle molds and freeze for at least 5 hours or overnight.
EXTRA CRISPY BAKED SWEET POTATO FRIES
| Makes: 3 Servings |
- 3 whole Sweet Potatoes, Peeled And Cut Into 1/4-inch wide Thin Sticks
- 3 Tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup ghee (or olive oil)
- 1 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon Seasoned Salt (or Plain Salt)
- 1/2 teaspoon Chili Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Black Pepper
See full instructions .
SWEET POTATO PIZZA
| Makes: 2 Servings |
- 1 medium size sweet potato, peeled
- ⅔ cup rolled oats
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- a pinch of garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
DOUBLE CHOCOLATE BANANA CAKE
| Makes: 9 Servings |
- 3 medium ripe bananas (about 1 cup)
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup applesauce
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup flour
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 2 Tbsp mini chocolate chips for topping – optional
- In a stand mixer with the paddle attachment, mix the bananas and brown sugar until the bananas are mashed and the sugar is dissolved.
- Add the applesauce, vanilla, and egg. Mix together.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until incorporated.
- Fold in the semi-sweet chocolate chips. Pour batter into a greased 8×8-inch baking dish. Sprinkle the top with mini chocolate chips.
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 25 to 35 minutes. Check the center with a toothpick to determine doneness. Best eaten warm.
PIN NOW – SAVE FOR LATER: