DETAILS: (WEARING SIZE MEDIUM FOR OVERSIZED LOOK) | JOGGERS OLD – LOVE ) | | NUDE SUEDE HEELS () |
Whether you are trying to check the hardest people to shop for off your list or you are that person, there’s an art to dropping hints! For kids, writing letters to Santa takes a lot of guessing out of gift giving during the holidays but adults are usually even harder to shop for and we don’t usually have a wish list to refer to when shopping for friends and family. SO let’s make it a little easier on everyone. 😉
Below are 5 subtle ways to drop hints this season and to get ideas for those people on your gift list that are impossible to shop for.
- Pin it: I always check out people’s Pinterest accounts when I need some inspiration about what their interests are at the moment. So even if you aren’t a chronic pinner, take a few minutes to pin some gift ideas – you never know who’s watching!
- Spread the Word: Send it through the grapevine and somebody will be sure to ‘spill the beans’ and let your friends and family know what you’ve had your eye on recently.
- Shop together: I love the hustle and bustle of Christmas shopping. Whether you are out with friends or just strolling through the mall, point out some of the things that catch your eye and pay attention to what your S/O is grabbing and eyeing so you get gift ideas for them too!
- Leave tabs open online shopping: Borrow your significant other’s computer (or find an excuse for them to use yours) and ‘innocently’ leave a few tabs open with some of the items on your wish list. It will get them thinking about it and, even if they don’t realize it immediately, could be a great way to subconsciously give them some winning ideas.
- Snap & share: When all else fails, you can snap a picture of whatever is at the top of your wish list with a few #hints in the caption. 😉 (What would we do without social media, right? haha)
is doing an amazing giveaway for the holidays. Post a pic and hashtag #NMHint for a chance to win a little more spending money for the people on your gift list (or yourself ;). Add #NMhint to your insta and posts sharing what’s on your NM wish list between now and December 24th for a chance to win a $200 gift card – winners chosen daily! There’s also a $500 prize package awarded on the 16th and 23rd and then the winner for the grand prize – a $500 gift card – will be chosen on Christmas Eve. You can read the . Good luck!
*In collaboration with Neiman Marcus.