Love the scallop sleeves on this top (SIMILAR UNDER A $100) on sale right now
DETAILS: BANANA REPUBLIC NAVY JACQUARD BLAZER AND TROUSER (SIMILAR ) | WHITE SCALLOPED BUTTON DOWN (SIMILAR ) | | RED VELVET CLUTCH () |
DETAILS: | |
Fashion Week is always such a whirlwind. I feel like this year was one of my busiest years. Each time I go, I only go for half a week because I hate being away from the family for long periods of time. This year I went with the intention of taking it really easy, enjoying sleeping in, and taking long baths. Haha that didn’t quite happen and don’t get me wrong, I truly love love my job, it was just a crazy couple days. I love seeing the new collections, meeting with designers and hearing their inspiration behind the collection, and people-watching on the streets of NYC flooded with hundreds of different styles of fashion. It really leaves me inspired!
We all have those busy work trips! So below are a few of my essentials for surviving the hustle and bustle:
- A good travel pillow. Everyone always teases me because I legit carry my pillow on the plan with me (don’t forget to bring a clean pillow case 😉 Nothing will get your trip off to a bad start faster than a bad night’s sleep. I usually take a red-eye to NYFW and if I don’t have a travel pillow and a window seat, I don’t sleep. Even if you aren’t planning on a red-eye, you never know when your flight will be delayed and your 45 minute layover turns into 5 hours.
- A face mask. Another must for traveling, I always pack to help my skin recover after a long flight. It’s the perfect addition to your night that leaves you feeling fresh and confident for whatever the week has in store. I swear by .
- A long bath. No matter what time I land or make it home at night, I always make time for a long hot bath or shower. It’s my favorite way to unwind after the day
- The right hair products. My skin, hair, body – everything gets dehydrated when I travel. So I always bring my to rub through my ends to keep them from looking dry. Also get familiar with the climate you are headed to and pack accordingly! My hair always gets frizzy from the humidity in New York so was a must. It was a lifesaver and it also has a natural hold so your hair style will last from your first cup of coffee until the end of your business dinner. is another fixture on my packing list ( smells so good!) – sometimes skipping a hair wash is worth being able to hit that snooze button once or twice. 😉
- A top you can wear two ways. Packing efficiently always means bringing pieces that can do double duty. is a business trip essential and the scalloped detail puts it over the top. Wear it with a blazer and trouser suit for meetings and pair with a statement wide-leg pant for dinner and networking after.
- Walking shoes. …that you can take to even the most formal business meeting! A business trip always calls for but make sure it’s one that is comfortable. I love – you’ll be grateful for that low heel when you are on block 5 and it’s as professional as it is put together.
What are some of your busy business trip essentials?
*In collaboration with .