If you guys are anything like me you love a good a dessert! The only problem is that the “summer bod” and dessert overload don’t mix very well haha. So I have been searching for the best healthy desserts so I can have my cake..and eat it too and wanted to share a few of my favorite finds!
CHOCOLATE ZUCHINI BROWNIE
| Makes: 16 servings |
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup coconut surgar or unrefined sugar or granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 cup whole wheat flour or whole spelt flour or all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups peeled and grated zucchini
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips + 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips to sprinkle on top
See instructions for how to make the brownies
FLOURLESS FUDGE COOKIES
| Makes: 34 servings |
- 3 c. powdered sugar
- 3/4 c. unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 4 large egg whites
- 1 T. pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 c. semisweet mini chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Line two baking sheets with silicone baking mats. Spray mats with nonstick cooking spray. You can also line with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the powdered sugar with cocoa powder and salt.
- Stir in the vanilla and egg whites.
- Whisk just until the batter is moistened.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Scoop the batter by the tablespoonful onto the baking sheets. Leave enough space between each cookie for them to spread (about 2 ½ ” of space between each cookie).
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until the tops are glossy and lightly cracked.
- Let the cookies cool completely on the baking sheet, and store in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
STRAWBERRY CHEESECAKE ROLLS
| Makes: 8 servings |
- 1 (8-oz) package reduced-fat crescent rolls
- 4-oz light cream cheese
- 2 Tbsp. powdered sugar
- ½ tsp. vanilla
- ¾ cup strawberries, chopped small
- 1-2 tsp. Truvia sweetener or sugar, to sweeten strawberries
- Preheat oven to 375ºF. Spray a cookie sheet with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Combine cream cheese, powdered sugar and vanilla in a small mi bowl.
- Open crescent roll package and separate each into triangles. Pat out each triangle wither fingertips to thin out a bit.
- Spread a teaspoon or so of cream cheese mixture onto each triangle.
- Then place a small scoop of strawberries on the wider edge of the triangle.
- Roll up each crescent roll, starting on wide edge, tucking in edges over the strawberries and then roll down to the point of the crescent, creating a little bundle.
- Place on prepared cookie sheet and repeat until all strawberry cheesecake rolls are made.
- Bake in preheated oven for 10-12 minutes, or until dough is cooked through and golden brown.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar if desired. enjoy!
RAW WHITE CHOCOLATE W/ALMONDS & RASPBERRIES
| Makes: 24 servings |
- 1/2 cup cacao butter
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/2 cup cashew butter
- 1/4 tsp Himalayan pink salt
- 1 1/4 cup raw almonds
- 1/4 cup of freeze dried raspberries
See instructions on how to make these bars
CHOCOLATE PEANUT BUTTER BANANA CUPS
| Makes: 16 servings |
- 3/4 cup dark chocolate chips (can also be dark chocolate cut into small pieces from a bar)
- 1 medium banana, peeled and sliced into 16 rounds
- 1/4 cup all-natural peanut butter, store bought or homemade
- 1 tablespoon melted coconut oil, (unrefined extra-virgin preferred)
- 16 (1.25-inch) baking cups
Check out the instructions
Pin for later:
Let me know if you guys get a chance to make any and what you think. Happy Sunday!