Hey guys! I hope everyone is having a fun weekend. On Sundays I like to lounge around the house with the kids and do a little planning/prepping for the week ahead. I just had to share with you guys a few yummy, healthy, and easy recipes I found on for breakfast that you can make for this upcoming week!
PEAR GINGER SMOOTHIE
| Makes: 2 servings |
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk or milk of choice
- 1 cup spinach
- 1 heaping cup diced frozen pears
- 1/2 cup plain non-fat Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon almond butter
- honey to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh grated ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Place all of the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
BREAKFAST BANANA SPLIT
| Makes: 1 serving |
- 1 banana
- 1/2 cup of strawberry greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup of blackberries
- 1/4 cup of raspberries
- 1/2 cup granola
- mini chocolate chips for garnish
- Prepare yogurt:
- Place container of yogurt in the freezer until firm, not frozen solid, just scoop-able.
- Scoop out two scoops of yogurt and place each scoop in a separate paper muffin liner.
- Put back in the freezer until ready to use.
- Split banana in half.
- Add 2 scoops of frozen yogurt
- Add berries, granola and chocolate chips.
- Serve immediately.
So seriously..all of these avocado toast recipes taste ahhhmazing but I must say my fav is the tomato caprese recipe. Below are the ingredients but I highly recommend you check out all the recipes .
- 1 slice bread (any type but crusty bread works the best), toasted
- ½ avocado, mashed
- handful of grape tomatoes, halved
- handful of mozzarella balls/pearls, depending on size halved or left whole
- chopped fresh basil
- drizzle of olive oil
- salt + pepper
STRAWBERRY OATMEAL BARS
|Makes: 9-16 servings (depending how small you cut them)|
- 1 cup old fashioned rolled oats
- 3/4 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted (or substitute melted coconut oil to make vegan/dairy-free)
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice (from about 1/2 small lemon)
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar, divided
- 2 cups, small-diced strawberries (10 ounces)
For the vanilla glaze (optional but delicious, especially if you prefer a sweeter bar):
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar, sifted
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon milk (any kind you like)
Check out the directions on how to make these delicious bars .
CHOCOLATE & BANANA CHIA SEED PUDDING
|Makes: 2 servings|
- 3/4 cup coconut milk/almond milk/milk
- 2 Tbsp cocoa powder (unsweetened)
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup (Use honey/sugar if not vegan)
- 2 Tbsp chia seeds
- 2 sliced bananas
- Grated dark chocolate-garnish
- Add coconut milk, cocoa powder, maple syrup and chia seeds in a bowl and mix well
- Cover with a lid and slide in refrigerator for at least three hours or overnight
- Serve it in bowl or glass.
- Pour half of pudding in a glass and arrange sliced bananas over it.
- Repeat this process again.
- Grate some extra dark chocolate and serve.
Pin for later:
Hope you guys have had an awesome weekend and are ready for a new week!