(on sale!) // (similar ) // // // //
(on sale!) // H&M Red Skirt (sold out similar and ) //
B’S OUTFIT. (on sale! also loving these ) // // (similar )
Hey guys! Sorry I have been MIA this week, our family has been passing around the cold for the last three weeks and it finally wiped us all out. Can you believe it’s December? This is my favorite time of year. I could not be any more excited for the Holidays this year! How about you guys? Today I am sharing a little Holiday inspired look as a continuation to the mini series on things to do each month. Here are some activities/ideas for your December to do list:
1. Wrap Up in a Scarf – I have really been gravitating towards plaid and buffalo check this season (as if you haven’t noticed :P). Loving .
2. Deck the ‘Mugs’ – This can be both a great date night idea and an activity to do with the kids. There are studios like Color Me Mine that supply a variety of blank, ready-to-paint pottery pieces as well as stencils, paints, and as many art supplies as you need to decorate your mug. We decorated hot cocoa mugs last year and the kids loved them. Plus, you get to keep the mug as a souvenir of a great memory.
3. Snow Days –I cannot wait to take B out in the snow for the first time! We have only had little skiffs here and there but I am so excited for the first big snowfall. You really don’t have much say in the weather, so take advantage of the best activities snow has to offer, like building snowmen or igloos, going sledding, or a snowball fight. Just make sure to have a warm cup of cocoa ready to warm you up when you come inside from the cold. Don’t forget mittens! (love )
4. Christmas Lights Tour – We always pick a night we let the kids stay up a little extra late and pile in the car in our pjs with hot chocolate and go explore the city’s lights. This year I found these cute that make shapes in the Christmas lights. They are really neat! Only a couple bucks and the kids love them!
5. See Santa – This is either a love or hate relationship for your kids. The idea of Santa is great but when they see him it usually seems to be a different story. I love watching the kids’ facial expressions when they sit on his lap. Half are mortified and some think it is the best day ever.
6. Host a Christmas Cookie Swap – There are too many delicious recipes for Christmas cookie recipes that it might take you forever to try them all… unless you host a cookie swap! Have guests bring a batch of their homemade specialty to share. Cornflake Christmas Wreaths has been my favorite since I was little!
7. Donate to Charity – One of our favorites is Operation Christmas Child. The kids put together Christmas boxes every year full of gifts according to age categories and send them in to be distributed to children who might not have much under the tree this year. This year, time just flew by and we missed it! I am so bummed, but we are on the hunt other local charities to contribute to. What are some of your favorites?
8. Party – For some reason this year more than ever before I have been dying to get an awesome ugly Christmas sweater. I am seeing so many great ones. They have that I totally want to do with my husband and the kids. Not feeling crafty? Love this .
9. White Elephant – Everyone brings a wrapped Christmas cast-off gift and collect them in a pile. One by one, guests get to pick a present, either from the pile in the middle or by stealing someone else’s already unwrapped acquisition. I have seen the very worst of presents and the very best of presents in these settings, so prepare yourself (and guests) for both.
10. – This is another family favorite of ours! Every year we blast the Christmas music, get in our favorite jammies, and . Last year, Wes and Mara loved theirs so much it literally sat in our freezer until March of the next year because they didn’t want me to throw them away.
11. Update your Nail Polish – Because any excuse for another nail color is a good one. Hello !
12. Christmas Music – What are the holidays without Christmas music? I love all the classics but my all time favorite is still Mariah Carey’s “All I Want for Christmas”! Who else is a Mariah fan 🙂
13. – If you haven’t heard of Elf on a Shelf, listen up! It’s not just for kids- my cousin’s husband actually did it for his wife when they were newlyweds which I thought was the cutest thing ever! The kids get really excited though. Mara and Wes always rush down anxious to see what Elfie has done. I’ll be honest, sometimes we run out of ideas of what to have him do but Pinterest has some great inspiration!
14. Christmas Jammies – Every year we open Christmas pajamas on Christmas Eve to wear the night before Santa comes! It’s one of the kids’ favorite traditions. Don’t forget to pick some up for yourself too! Loving and
15. Dressing Up for Holiday/Office Parties – No holiday season would be complete without a few seasonal parties. I love any excuse to get dressed up and holiday parties are the perfect opportunity. In case you missed it, here’s .
16. Naughty or Nice – Don’t forget to write your letter to Santa!
With the busy holidays it’s easy to get caught up in all the activities we forget to stop and just enjoy the moment. Remember at the end of the day its all about family and being with the ones you love!
* Photos by JessaKae
Don’t forget to enter the – ends Sunday! OUTFIT DETAILS. // //