(sized up for oversized look – on sale 40% off) // // // // //
LOOK 2 – The classic boot (sized up for oversized look – on sale 40% off) // (runs true to size) // // // // //
Today marks part two of my segment on investment pieces. Today I am excited to discuss my hands down favorite thing to buy: shoes! Shoes are the creme de la creme of an outfit. A simple addition of a great pair of shoes can completely (and instantly) change your look. They are one of the first things people are drawn to in an outfit so invest there first. The above two looks feature the two classic designer styles I bought this season: these , and these , also got (not pictured). For me a can do wonders, I know for others it’s a , or a classic . Whatever your style, I think we all agree there is nothing like the confidence you get wearing a killer pair of shoes.
So let’s talk designer shoes:
1. Material Matters – The first piece you invest in will quickly become your favorite. As all favorites do, it will get a lot of wear. Consider the wear of a shoe’s material before your first big purchase. I have found that are less prone to scuffs and scratches than soft leather. This extends the life of the shoe, particularly if they are worn non-stop. My favorite patent designer pumps are my and . If you are adding to a collection of investment shoes, then go for a gorgeous suede or soft leather.
2. First Stop: Neutrals – This may seem repetitive from Monday’s post, but I can’t say it enough: a classic, neutral shoe will never go out of style. It is the most universal, versatile piece you will ever own. Designer shoes should be something that you can wear with everything because, trust me, you will. Since neutral palettes work for every season, they never go on sale. In fact, lots of designer neutrals, like these , sell out quickly. Often they offer pre-sales at the beginning of the season and if you don’t order them then, the popular sizes sell out by the time they come in stock. So if you come across a neutral pair you are ready to buy, don’t hesitate.
3. Dish on the Designers –
* COMFORT – – I got my first pair of Manolo’s this year and I was shocked how comfortable they are. The first time I wore them I was at a work conference and was able to wear them all day with out feeling anxious to kick them off to let my feet relax. I have also heard the is really comfortable as well.
* BEAUTY – – Hands down these shoes are the show stoppers. Every time I put them on I fall in love. They are not the most comfortable for long periods of time, but if I would say buy any shoe it would be these. Just got these.
* BOOTS – – Their boots are classic and modern. The most popular style is the 5050 which has an elastic panel on the back which creates a sleek slim fit for all leg sizes. Loving these and these .
* SPICE – – I love the details on these shoes from the strappy silhouettes to the iconic metal hardware. These shoes are a designer staple for your shoe collection. They have them in all heel heights which make them accessible to any style. Also in love with they just released and these . 4. Let the Shoes Speak – One of my favorite thing about designer shoes is the quality is often seen in the simplicity of your look. If you look at celebrity street style most of their looks are simple and crisp. You don’t need a loud noisy outfit, often the minimalist looks make your shoes stand out the most. Let your shoes do the talking! Below are a few designer favorites:
If you missed part one on investing in designer handbags – read the round up .